2022 Australian Open YCWJ || Scoreboard and Lounge

Think it's easier to pick losers than winners? We'll see about that.

Moderator: Contest Staff

Togtdyalttai United States of America

2022 Australian Open YCWJ || Scoreboard and Lounge

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Here's the place to brag up your losers when they climb back out from Down Under and moan when they heat up instead. A pick tracker will be posted after the start of main draw play and will be updated in the best case daily. Scoreboards will be updated after the finish of each round.

Re: 2022 Australian Open YCWJ || Scoreboard and Lounge

Post by Togtdyalttai »

A pick tracker has been posted at contests/ycwj/2022-AO-YCWJ-Pick-Tracker.htm. Please check your picks to make sure I've entered them correctly, and let me know if anything is amiss.
GlennHarman

Post by GlennHarman »

i used to always try for a top 30 finish in this contest (since I only rarely did better than 30th). I'm pleased that a top 25 finish is guaranteed this time. I'm moving up in the world! (or is it that there are only 25 entered?). GH

Post by Togtdyalttai »

For the first time since Wimbledon 2018, no contestant earned the full 20 in the first round. Ktothem1 came closest with 18, followed by Cainim's Back Hand with 17. Three contestants failed to reach double digits and four more only just made it there with 10/20.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I scored 16? :shock:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
GlennHarman

Post by GlennHarman »

Ponchi, What's even MORE surprising is that I scored 16. GH
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

GlennHarman wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:43 pm Ponchi, What's even MORE surprising is that I scored 16. GH
Time to retire, don't you think? ;)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
GlennHarman

Post by GlennHarman »

You'd think so, but every time I have a slightly good result, it fuels me to keep going...for a solid last place finish the next time. GH

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Weefunk took the lead after the second round after being one of only two contestants (the other was liamvalid) not to lose a pick in the round. They're at 32, and Cainim's Back Hand, IronMike, and tenedab are all tied for second with 28.

Every contestant except Ponchi101 still has at least 2 picks remaining, which is rare after two rounds. Keep it up...

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Weefunk's lead remained the same through round 3, 4 points over tenedab in second. IronMike is one point further back in third. No contestant has more than three picks still remaining.

Some players have run out of picks, but the wooden spoon of the contest is still very much in doubt. What is clear is that it will belong to a player with at least 12 points, a very respectable total.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Togtdyalttai wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:24 pm Some players have run out of picks, but the wooden spoon of the contest is still very much in doubt.
To me, the wooden spoon does not look to be in any doubt at all. I have that pretty much wrapped up.

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Weefunk and tenedab are still separated by 4 points at the top of the scoreboard, but deelighted2 and ktothem1 scored the highest for the round with 5 and are gaining on them. Only 6 of the 16 quarterfinalists are represented in contestants' collective picks, so we could see quite a few with no picks if the pattern continues into the quarterfinals.

Dave g was absolutely right about having sewn up the wooden spoon. He takes it with a total of 12 points.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Togtdyalttai wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:00 am Weefunk and tenedab are still separated by 4 points at the top of the scoreboard, but deelighted2 and ktothem1 scored the highest for the round with 5 and are gaining on them. Only 6 of the 16 quarterfinalists are represented in contestants' collective picks, so we could see quite a few with no picks if the pattern continues into the quarterfinals.

Dave g was absolutely right about having sewn up the wooden spoon. He takes it with a total of 12 points.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard
12 points. Nowhere near my personal best of 3. I am clearly out of practice. ;)

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Weefunk and tenedab are just barely holding on at the top of the scoreboard after the quarterfinals, with weefunk holding a one-point lead over tenedab, who holds a one-point lead over ktothem1. Let's look at who's still alive for the medal:

Ktothem1 will win if Danielle Collins loses in the women's final. They'll tie tenedab if Collins instead defeats Ashleigh Barty in the women's final and someone other than Rafael Nadal loses in the men's final.

Texasniteowl needs Nadal to lose in the men's final and someone other than Collins to lose in the women's final.

Deelighted2 takes the medal if Madison Keys loses in the women's final and someone other than Nadal loses in the men's final.

Finally, weefunk is out of picks, but will still win if either Iga Swiatek and Barty are the two women's finalists or Keys defeats Swiatek in the women's final and someone other than Nadal loses in the men's final.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Ktothem1 and tenedab are now tied for the lead with 44 points. Both are still alive for the medal as well. Here's a recap of the scenarios still in play:

If Ashleigh Barty defeats Danielle Collins in the women's final, Ktothem1 will win.

If Collins defeats Barty and Rafael Nadal defeats Daniil Medvedev in the men's final, ktothem1 and tenedab will tie for the medal.

If Collins defeats Barty and Medvedev defeats Nadal, texasniteowl will take it.

Two picks are still held by our contestants. Emina Bektas, who will be the wooden spoon winner if Barty wins, is held by Federex, ktothem1, tenedab, and Tolulops. Tseng Chuh-hin, who will be the wooden spoon winner if Medvedev wins, is held by texasniteowl.

The other two possible last-place finishers are Yulia Putintseva for the women and Roman Safiullin for the men.

Pick Tracker
Scoreboard