The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

The Emmy's were last night. Here are some of the red carpet looks.

Best dressed. She spent time and had the gown tailored to her
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I like the makeup: I've always liked a dark lipstick and always wore it. I don't understand the gown.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The waist of the skirt is too high. Otherwise this look would be perfect on her.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This is the best she's looked so far this award season

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

She's finally accepted she's not 25 anymore.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Calista...I don't like gowns that start with one idea and end with another.

As for Ms Hahn there's a reason women stopped wearing blouses made of that material. Folks at Dior, why?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Colman Domingo has been spectacular so far this award season. One of the best dressed.

Jeremy did you miss the prom?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I guess Aubrey signed for the package...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The gown is fitted to perfection and I kinda sorta like it except for the color.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This was not what a woman late in her pregnancy should have worn. Then again she wanted people to talk about her and they are.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:29 pm

Colman Domingo has been spectacular so far this award season. One of the best dressed.
I can tell very little about fashion but I always think Colman looks good!
:steven:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

To me this is the most exquisite gown so far this season. If that skirt is tulle and it's crimped and pleated like that, wow. The bodice is the best rendition of that style I've seen this award season. Look at picture #3 where you see the work that went into creating it and how it fits her perfectly.

It's also good to see Fan Bing Bing who was rumored to have been blackballed for something or other by the authorities back and hopefully working again soon. She is a beautiful woman, and could be the lead in a costume/historical drama.

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:16 pm

I like the makeup: I've always liked a dark lipstick and always wore it. I don't understand the gown.
The backdrop is all wrong for this dress and in general.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

When you look at how the gown Fan Bing Bing is wearing fits around the bust and how this fits Selena I wonder if the designer realized that for a full busted woman changes needed to be made? Then again this could be a case of Selena deciding she liked the dress and then not going for fittings to make alterations.

I agree. That print and the background are just too much.

ETA: I really like the point you made about the background and how it distracts from what Selena is wearing. Should the stylist and the person who will wear the outfit take that into account? I wonder how far in advance the event posts the backdrop for the red carpet?
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:17 am When you look at how the gown Fan Bing Bing is wearing fits around the bust and how this fits Selena I wonder if the designer realized that for a full busted woman changes needed to be made? Then again this could be a case of Selena deciding she liked the dress and then not going for fittings to make alterations.

I agree. That print and the background are just too much.

ETA: I really like the point you made about the background and how it distracts from what Selena is wearing. Should the stylist and the person who will wear the outfit take that into account? I wonder how far in advance the event posts the backdrop for the red carpet?
Agreed, she needs a boa or something to drape around here and there for that dress.