Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Bloomberg News Bot
@bloombergnews@mstdnnewsbots.org
EXCLUSIVE: President Maduro's administration said it would push back a legal deadline on Venezuela's $60 billion in defaulted debt, a move that creditors welcomed as an important first step https://t.co/QGuVQRpXri

https://mstdnnewsbots.org/@bloombergnew ... 6485572125

Paywall
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Nope. Self driving cars/trucks are not a political tool. Self driving trucks would be a fantastic cost reduction for the transportation industry. The taxi systems in all cities would be radically modified.
And millions of drivers would be left without work.
It was not to stop public investment in other systems.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:16 pm

I've known about this non-delivery for a couple of years, read several articles and a ton on Reddit about it and it was wild how okay some people were with being ripped off for so much. Really spoke to the economics of the Tesla customer and really the skewed fandom that people were trying to give the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't a rip off and it was on the way, despite it being promised and delayed over and over and over again. Now that was only some people, others were getting disillusioned and way more said, I know a scam when I see one. Even more of a scam because they continued to sell it when it wasn't ready and hadn't been ready year after year, model after model.

They should've been had a massive class action about this fraud, so it's about time, I hope they finally do something on a wider scale. Not because I hate Musk, even though I do, but because no company should be getting away with charging $5K, then $10k, then $12k for a promised service that hasn't been delivered after years of it first being purchased. It's just a scam and no company should be doing it, let alone prop up their bottom line with that fraud while customers have nothing to show for that money. If Tesla gets away with it, other companies will come along with similar things. It won't work as well with other companies, but ones with fandom tied to it, like a Peloton, could definitely rip people off in a similar manner. This shouldn't be part of a company's financial portfolio.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:54 pm Nope. Self driving cars/trucks are not a political tool. Self driving trucks would be a fantastic cost reduction for the transportation industry. The taxi systems in all cities would be radically modified.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

An interesting part of the Twitter blue check thing is that they're asking corporate accounts to pay $1,000 to be a "verified organization" and all affiliated account have to pay $50 to be part of the "verified organization." A month.

Now, for big corporates, it's not really a huge amount if it got them access to such a large audience... except it was free before and instead they could just pay $8 a month for the stupid checkmark.

For small and non-profit organizations, this is an issue.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I know nothing about this, not being in SM, but from what my GF sees, most small companies are in IG, and not in TWT. Again, I do not know if it is right.
So, TWT charging these amounts will not affect these companies; at least, not those in Colombia, where almost all smaller businesses handle their SM presence via IG or WA.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

mmmm8 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:23 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:54 pm Nope. Self driving cars/trucks are not a political tool. Self driving trucks would be a fantastic cost reduction for the transportation industry. The taxi systems in all cities would be radically modified.
Because if you were to get some public (and massive) investment in infrastructure, the FSD vision would be easier.
Imagine dedicated FSD lanes in highways. That would take care of a large part of the problem: OTHER drivers. If you could coordinate roads where only FSD would be allowed, it would be easier.
In dedicated roads, you could implement other hardware and software to make FSD better. So, if anything, FSD would need more investment on roads and structures, not less.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:01 pm
Because if you were to get some public (and massive) investment in infrastructure, the FSD vision would be easier.
Imagine dedicated FSD lanes in highways. That would take care of a large part of the problem: OTHER drivers. If you could coordinate roads where only FSD would be allowed, it would be easier.
In dedicated roads, you could implement other hardware and software to make FSD better. So, if anything, FSD would need more investment on roads and structures, not less.
The tweet was about investing in rail and public transit, rather than highway infrastructure, though. There hasn't been pushback against highway infrastructure in the same way as against mass transit.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

It's not all mutually exclusive. Rail is a big plus, but of course it doesn't replace highways. I should know living in a country with possibly the world's best passenger railway infrastructure.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Do you know that the plot of ROGER RABBIT (yes, the CARTOON movie) was based on reality? Early in the 20th century, the big three in Detroit pushed for the dismantling of the California (and all the west) rail system, so people would have to buy cars.
Which has its minuses. I should know, as I live in a continent with basically NO railway infrastructure. ;)
(Did I just flipped my position?)