College Football Thread

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
JazzNU United States of America

Re: College Football Thread

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

For so many reasons I hope Cincy pull off the upset. Ain’t going to happen though.
:steven:

Post by JazzNU »

Amazingly, not a joke, this is the real press conference USC had to welcome Lincoln Riley:

The mashup:

KLow23 Barbados

Post by KLow23 »

travis hunter is going to change the game!

Post by JazzNU »

I'm not impressed anymore Georgia. This is cute and all, but do it against Alabama. You had them dead to rights in the Championship Game 4 years ago and you fell apart when they switched it up at halftime and unloaded Tua on your defense. Now you've got darn near the best college defense anyone has ever seen and you put up a performance so pitiful in the SEC Championship it gave their QB a signature win to walk away with the Heisman. So great, you're handling Michigan the way you have everyone else this season except for one notable exception. Do it against Bama.

And if fastbackss see this, pretty sure it's him at least, yes I know who I sound like, but it's completely true this time.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Devil's advocate here. So, the only wins that count are against Alabama? I mean, they can't play Alabama today, but they are doing all they can to play them next week. And then, yes, let's see how they handle that. Which likely will be a loss, but still, #2 in the nation is not bad.
(And I only have the game on because, well, I need some white noise. I really do not follow NCAA).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

JazzNU wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:06 am I'm not impressed anymore Georgia. This is cute and all, but do it against Alabama. You had them dead to rights in the Championship Game 4 years ago and you fell apart when they switched it up at halftime and unloaded Tua on your defense. Now you've got darn near the best college defense anyone has ever seen and you put up a performance so pitiful in the SEC Championship it gave their QB a signature win to walk away with the Heisman. So great, you're handling Michigan the way you have everyone else this season except for one notable exception. Do it against Bama.

And if fastbackss see this, pretty sure it's him at least, yes I know who I sound like, but it's completely true this time.
If Georgia loses again to Alabama, who could had been had this year against LSU, Arkansas and Auburn(still upset over that one - up 10 with 9 to go in 4th qtr), I do not see them beating Alabama for a long time.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

JazzNU wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:06 am

JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

Has anything surprising ever happened in a CFP game? College football is the one sport where I think they could skip playing the entire season and just pick the top two teams with a southern state in their name and play the championship.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

JTContinental wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:42 pm Has anything surprising ever happened in a CFP game? College football is the one sport where I think they could skip playing the entire season and just pick the top two teams with a southern state in their name and play the championship.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Wow, those stats are brutal. But it is as you say. They should play the entire season and then pick three teams to each one play Bama in one game.
As long as every kid wants to play for Alabama to ensure a National Championship, it will not change.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:05 am Devil's advocate here. So, the only wins that count are against Alabama? I mean, they can't play Alabama today, but they are doing all they can to play them next week. And then, yes, let's see how they handle that. Which likely will be a loss, but still, #2 in the nation is not bad.
(And I only have the game on because, well, I need some white noise. I really do not follow NCAA).
In this case, yes, Bama is all that matters. Georgia was far and away the best team in college football this year and yet they are ranked third because they can't get their asses together for a full 60 minutes when they play Alabama. Alabama has been beatable in several games this year, they had more escapes than they typically do. Had Georgia handed them a loss the way they should've, Bama wouldn't have made the Playoffs this year. In contrast, Georgia was blowing away opponents, with I think none scoring over 17 points until they played Bama at the SEC Championship. A defense that looks like the college version of the 2000 Ravens. If they can't beat Alabama, and honestly, it shouldn't even be a nail biter, but given how pitiful they've been against them, any win is a win. If they can't do that, their reputation is toast. All year they've been elite., if they can't stand up and manhandle Bama the way they have everyone else, the belief in Georgia going forward will be greatly diminished because no matter how good they are playing, Bama will appear to be their kryptonite, since all evidence points to that being the case.

And Kirby desperately needs to get this win over Saban.

Post by JazzNU »

patrick wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:48 am
If Georgia loses again to Alabama, who could had been had this year against LSU, Arkansas and Auburn (still upset over that one - up 10 with 9 to go in 4th qtr), I do not see them beating Alabama for a long time.
It was maddening.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:05 am Devil's advocate here. So, the only wins that count are against Alabama? I mean, they can't play Alabama today, but they are doing all they can to play them next week. And then, yes, let's see how they handle that. Which likely will be a loss, but still, #2 in the nation is not bad.
That’s how I took it too. Only thing impressive is if you beat the stacked team that always gets all the best players? For me it’d be as if Alabama lost to a NFL team and I said clearly Alabama isn’t impressive ;)

I think of it more the opposite. I’m more impressed with whoever winds up the best non Alabama team so I’m impressed.

Regardless … couple boring semifinals. Hope final is at least interesting.
:steven: