by JazzNU

by JazzNU National Championship gets decided tonight. Starts in 1 hour.

by ponchi101 What are the odds for OS? 20% chance? It's always 'Bama...

by JazzNU They've got a shot, much higher than 20%, maybe 40%. The spread is just over a touchdown I think. They have the guy who is considered the better, more dynamic QB. But more of a shot if Jaylen Waddle doesn't play. He wasn't supposed to be healed until Spring and word came about a week ago that he might be able to go for the game, and he's out there warming up. Everyone is under the belief he's the most talented wide receiver for Alabama. And the other guy just won the Heisman. So OSU has quite the uphill battle tonight, but they've got a shot.

by ponchi101 This is not looking good.
D. Smith seems to be a rocket. But I wonder if he can make it in the NFL. The guy is only 15 lbs heavier than I am. One smack from Richard Sherman and he is toast.

by ponchi101 I suppose that 52 -24 is good enough to go to sleep.
It is a circle. Bama is the best team, so all the kids want to play there, so they remain the best team, so all the kids want to play there...
Since there is no draft positioning, very little to do.

by JazzNU Desean Jackson had a great career, so small isn't a dealbreaker when you're fast.

In terms of the game. It was a really good, competitive first half for the most part. But Ohio State has been out of rhythm too much in the second half, almost looking tired, aren't making many defensive plays, Najee Harris is doing his thing, Mac is having a great game, and Devonte was just showcasing big time why he won the Heisman. Add in that Waddle was out there and they did have to cover him, and Alabama was just too much tonight. If they come back, it'll be something special. Seems extremely unlikely, but you truly do never know with college football.

by ponchi101 D. Smith would be a first round pick in the NFL draft, and a high one. I guess he can bulk up a bit, but that is usually a trade off: bulk a little bit, and you lose a little bit of speed.
I quit when they went up 52-24. As there was no more scoring, I guess I missed little.
6 titles in 12 years. It is pretty impressive.

by JazzNU

by ptmcmahon Can erase "Kansas" in the second tweet and replace it with college football... or even "sports."

by JazzNU

by JazzNU ^^ Expected to be approved, expected to start with the 2023 season.

by ptmcmahon Good heavens no, they can't pick on my Irish like this .. we "never" get any breaks ;)

Could they just stay in ACC, or was that just for this COVID year...I didn't pay too much attention to those details.

by JazzNU Except no one is picking on the Irish. Cost that comes with independence they want to maintain. And Notre Dame's Athletic Director is one of the authors of the proposal, so they won't be mounting an objection to the format.

ACC was for one year only and there is no plan to do it again. If they found they weren't competitive under the new format, I'm sure they'd re-evaluate. There's another conference that they could join as well. But I won't be holding my breath for them to give up their independence. The ND AD wasn't talking like this was the end of the world. If the Power 5 scenario ever came to be, then that would get them to finally break I'd think. But not this, not yet.

by ptmcmahon Yes, I was being tongue in cheek there. As an Irish fan I know we've gotten more than our share of benefits over the years, despite the refusal to join any conferences.

by JazzNU

by JazzNU

by JazzNU Big 12 if this happens:

by ti-amie I simply love "Enter Sandman". That said this scene didn't make me feel good at all. What I see is sickness and disease.

by ti-amie This is an area that I'm willfully ignorant about.

by patrick Alabama lost :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

by JazzNU Even though it's great they lost, I wish they'd have put Georgia at #1 while Alabama was undefeated. Best team in college football this season and it's not close, that Bama was still getting the #1 ranking was insane and quite telling, would've been good to see if that BS continued.

by New England Nitemare I Agreed Jazz, Georgia is a BEAST this year. Their defense is one of the best that I've seen in a number of years. They play #11 Kentucky (6-0) on Saturday, and Georgia is favored by 22. I really don't see the Bulldogs losing any games the rest of the regular season. The SEC title game will probably be Alabama vs Georgia. The way Georgia has looked this season, it's hard to see Alabama beating them. Georgia is a lock to make the playoffs.

by patrick Agreed with Georgia being the best team in college football. Alabama defense has not been the same since Smart took the head coaching job.

by JazzNU Attempt at BS religious exemption unsuccessful. Good luck finding another $3 million/year job that doesn't require you get the vaccine buddy.

by ti-amie

by ptmcmahon Surprised it took this long. Especially when you see some earlier posts in this thread like the one at Virginia Tech.

by JazzNU

by ptmcmahon Wonder if we beat Cincinnati if he would've stayed...

by JazzNU

by JazzNU

by JazzNU

by ptmcmahon For so many reasons I hope Cincy pull off the upset. Ain’t going to happen though.

by JazzNU Amazingly, not a joke, this is the real press conference USC had to welcome Lincoln Riley:

The mashup:

by KLow23 travis hunter is going to change the game!

by JazzNU I'm not impressed anymore Georgia. This is cute and all, but do it against Alabama. You had them dead to rights in the Championship Game 4 years ago and you fell apart when they switched it up at halftime and unloaded Tua on your defense. Now you've got darn near the best college defense anyone has ever seen and you put up a performance so pitiful in the SEC Championship it gave their QB a signature win to walk away with the Heisman. So great, you're handling Michigan the way you have everyone else this season except for one notable exception. Do it against Bama.

And if fastbackss see this, pretty sure it's him at least, yes I know who I sound like, but it's completely true this time.

by ponchi101 Devil's advocate here. So, the only wins that count are against Alabama? I mean, they can't play Alabama today, but they are doing all they can to play them next week. And then, yes, let's see how they handle that. Which likely will be a loss, but still, #2 in the nation is not bad.
(And I only have the game on because, well, I need some white noise. I really do not follow NCAA).

by patrick
JazzNU wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:06 am I'm not impressed anymore Georgia. This is cute and all, but do it against Alabama. You had them dead to rights in the Championship Game 4 years ago and you fell apart when they switched it up at halftime and unloaded Tua on your defense. Now you've got darn near the best college defense anyone has ever seen and you put up a performance so pitiful in the SEC Championship it gave their QB a signature win to walk away with the Heisman. So great, you're handling Michigan the way you have everyone else this season except for one notable exception. Do it against Bama.

And if fastbackss see this, pretty sure it's him at least, yes I know who I sound like, but it's completely true this time.
If Georgia loses again to Alabama, who could had been had this year against LSU, Arkansas and Auburn(still upset over that one - up 10 with 9 to go in 4th qtr), I do not see them beating Alabama for a long time.

by Fastbackss
JazzNU wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:06 am

by JTContinental Has anything surprising ever happened in a CFP game? College football is the one sport where I think they could skip playing the entire season and just pick the top two teams with a southern state in their name and play the championship.

by Fastbackss
JTContinental wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:42 pm Has anything surprising ever happened in a CFP game? College football is the one sport where I think they could skip playing the entire season and just pick the top two teams with a southern state in their name and play the championship.

by ponchi101 Wow, those stats are brutal. But it is as you say. They should play the entire season and then pick three teams to each one play Bama in one game.
As long as every kid wants to play for Alabama to ensure a National Championship, it will not change.

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:05 am Devil's advocate here. So, the only wins that count are against Alabama? I mean, they can't play Alabama today, but they are doing all they can to play them next week. And then, yes, let's see how they handle that. Which likely will be a loss, but still, #2 in the nation is not bad.
(And I only have the game on because, well, I need some white noise. I really do not follow NCAA).
In this case, yes, Bama is all that matters. Georgia was far and away the best team in college football this year and yet they are ranked third because they can't get their asses together for a full 60 minutes when they play Alabama. Alabama has been beatable in several games this year, they had more escapes than they typically do. Had Georgia handed them a loss the way they should've, Bama wouldn't have made the Playoffs this year. In contrast, Georgia was blowing away opponents, with I think none scoring over 17 points until they played Bama at the SEC Championship. A defense that looks like the college version of the 2000 Ravens. If they can't beat Alabama, and honestly, it shouldn't even be a nail biter, but given how pitiful they've been against them, any win is a win. If they can't do that, their reputation is toast. All year they've been elite., if they can't stand up and manhandle Bama the way they have everyone else, the belief in Georgia going forward will be greatly diminished because no matter how good they are playing, Bama will appear to be their kryptonite, since all evidence points to that being the case.

And Kirby desperately needs to get this win over Saban.

by JazzNU
patrick wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:48 am
If Georgia loses again to Alabama, who could had been had this year against LSU, Arkansas and Auburn (still upset over that one - up 10 with 9 to go in 4th qtr), I do not see them beating Alabama for a long time.
It was maddening.

by ptmcmahon
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:05 am Devil's advocate here. So, the only wins that count are against Alabama? I mean, they can't play Alabama today, but they are doing all they can to play them next week. And then, yes, let's see how they handle that. Which likely will be a loss, but still, #2 in the nation is not bad.
That’s how I took it too. Only thing impressive is if you beat the stacked team that always gets all the best players? For me it’d be as if Alabama lost to a NFL team and I said clearly Alabama isn’t impressive ;)

I think of it more the opposite. I’m more impressed with whoever winds up the best non Alabama team so I’m impressed.

Regardless … couple boring semifinals. Hope final is at least interesting.

by JazzNU

by Fastbackss Look at all those options which will still not keep me up past halftime

by JazzNU For me, they are doing too much.

I'll be watching. Will I be entertained or annoyed? Remains to be seen.

by ponchi101 Bama 32, Dawgs 10?

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:23 pm Bama 32, Dawgs 10?
Are you asking a question or making a prediction?

by ptmcmahon Unless you are interested in the homer radio...would any of those options interest anyone? Those seem like potentially interesting choices if you were re-watching the game...but when I'm watching live I want to see what is happening and have the announcers only add anything needed, like player names. The worst football experience I had all year was when I accidentally recorded a Peyton and Eli version of MNF.

by JazzNU Yes, a few of those options will be popular, they are repeating this MegaCast for a reason. And the MNF ManningCast is a hit.

by ponchi101
JazzNU wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:41 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:23 pm Bama 32, Dawgs 10?
Are you asking a question or making a prediction?
I guess asking. I do not follow NCAA sports, but all I know is that Bama is usually the winner. And they were favorites for a while simply because they are mentioned in one of my favorite songs of all time (Steely Dan, Deacon Blues), but then I stopped following college.
I will watch the game tonight (surprisingly, ESPN LA is showing it) because there is nothing else to do :)

by JazzNU Georgia, as the team that has been head and shoulders the best team this season, actually remains the Vegas betting favorite for tonight's championship game. Small spread, but still significant that Bama isn't the favorite. So you know Bama is getting a ton of action. I've seen more commentators pick Bama than I have seen them pick Georgia, a ton picked Georgia in the SEC Championship game and seem to be going with a fool me once kind of thing. We'll see. Either way, doubt 32-10 is the final score if Bama wins it, they may put up that many points, but not thinking they'll limit Georgia to 10, their defense hasn't been as stout as it has been in year's past even though it's still very good. Georgia's the one with the stifling defense, just wondering if we'll see it in all's it's glory tonight since they were MIA at the last meeting.

And FWIW since the reference you made was Steely Dan (I don't know the song, but it can't possibly be new), Bama's dominance is recent, during the Saban era. They have a strong history, but it hasn't been to the point of "Bama is usually the winner" at all, that's only been a thing in the last decade, they had a drought prior to that. You can follow the coach for college football and winning. Saban, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll, Bob Stoops, Bobby Bowden, Jimmy Johnson, etc. etc. It's the coach that shapes the program and if they create the right infrastructure, can turn into a well oiled powerhouse that can sustain and be one of the best programs year after year. Alabama wins because Saban is there, and they know it, which is why they pay him whatever he wants and give him a raise every time there's even a possibility he'll be courted for another job. He was at LSU prior to Bama (with Miami Dolphins in between), and he won the BCS there too.

by ponchi101 The song is 1977, and it was the time of Bear Bryant, when they were pretty good too. Anyway, certainly a poetic license from Fagen & Becker, as I gather that using "The Fighting Irish" in the lyrics would not have worked :)

by JazzNU Yeah, Bear Bryant was the standard for success at Bama and in college football in general, but now it's really Nick Saban (Urban Meyer is the other one). Pretty sure Bama won the BCS under Gene Stallings, but don't think it reached dynasty level like Bear and Nick's teams did.

by JazzNU Ah, the refs. Of course.

by ptmcmahon That’s what I was just coming here to say. Not sure how that isn’t considered a pass.

by patrick Alabama goes down, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by JazzNU

by JazzNU Favorite Kirby moment for sure, though I liked the run back he did earlier too. Happy he finally was able to beat his mentor, it was past time it happened.

by ponchi101 I would have not guessed it had been so long since UG had won the national championship. They always are in the conversation.

by JazzNU All sports, but seemed better to put this in one of the college threads. Football is a good one since this is partly about increasing media rights money and football is the biggest area that will happen. This is how this unfolded today. Biggest sports news of the day easily before Durant set fire to free agency.

by ptmcmahon Having not heard or followed this at all... have to ask why? Or is simply just a money thing?

by ponchi101 I wanted to put you on PT but, what other possible reason might there be, in College Sports? USC and UCLA want to leave the immoral PAC-12? The BIG-10 lines better with their scholastic goals? It has got to be some money issue, nothing more.

by JazzNU
ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:23 pm Having not heard or followed this at all... have to ask why? Or is simply just a money thing?
Many people have said (long before this) that the Pac-12 botched their media rights deals. It seems as if the conference as a whole, for instance, split in the area of $345 million between all their member schools for the last school year (that's a figure that was given in an LA Times article). By moving to the Big 10, they'll get at least $100 million each in revenue each year in that media rights deal.

by ptmcmahon I forgot the Pac-12 championship game was tonight so I didn't watch it... but am very nervous now as an Alabama hater after USC's loss tonight. If TCU lose tomorrow, very scared we see Alabama slide back into the playoff. I thought this for sure they wouldn't make it this year...

by patrick Me too on Alabama. AL is saying that their losses were on the last play of the game. FG vs Tennessee and a 2 point conversion in OT vs LSU.

Also, do not forget that Michigan can lose today vs Purdue besides TCU.

Only team in CFP at the moment is Georgia

by ptmcmahon Let's just hope they leave TCU in.

Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama would be a dreadful playoff for anyone not a fan of those teams :)

by patrick Good day for me as the teams are Georgia, Michigan, TCU and Ohio State.

No Alabama :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

by ptmcmahon It's as big of a win as we could hope for!

by JazzNU Best playoff round since they started this for sure. Michigan will be kicking themselves for the game losing self-inflicted mistakes they made several times over, might not even been all that close if they had cut the mistakes in half. I was legitimately concerned about Jim having a heart attack on the sideline in the first half.

Heartbreaking loss for Ohio State. But CJ Stroud was amazing and moved himself up many draft boards last night. Think OSU wins that if Marvin Harrison Jr. doesn't get injured, to say he came to play yesterday would be an understatement.

Not sure anyone was happier than Vegas last night.

by patrick How about that timeout called by Georgia down by 11 when Ohio St did a fake punt? That saved Georgia.

The defensive back from TCU was sweating when they did the replay review on the botched snap by Michigan

by ptmcmahon Yeah that was one of those plays that won't get much coverage after, but was quite important.
JazzNU wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:36 pm Not sure anyone was happier than Vegas last night.
Was there a lot of money on OSU and/or Michigan?

by Fastbackss I am a Michigan fan, but even with that preface the officiating was particularly bad in the two games.

by ptmcmahon For the second time this week, a top ten team has scored 45... and lost :)

What a fun week of games it has been. I fully expect the championship game to be a stinker now.

by ti-amie

by ponchi101 And which desperate NFL team would take him? It is not as if he was stellar in his previous stint.

by ti-amie
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:55 pm And which desperate NFL team would take him? It is not as if he was stellar in his previous stint.
I'm so glad I'm not crazy. When I read that I said to myself he failed the first time so why would this time be any different?

by ptmcmahon
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:55 pm And which desperate NFL team would take him? It is not as if he was stellar in his previous stint.
44-19-1 with 3 NFC championship appearances in 4 years and a Super Bowl apperanace isn't stellar?

You have some tough standards :)

by ponchi101
ptmcmahon wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:06 pm
44-19-1 with 3 NFC championship appearances in 4 years and a Super Bowl apperanace isn't stellar?

You have some tough standards :)
No, I was misinformed. I did not know those were his numbers (I did remember his SB with the 49'ers).
It was that I remember that he was basically run off by the Niners. So now I am confused. Why was his departure such a stinker? Those are not Urban Meyer's numbers.
Txs for the correction.

by ptmcmahon Shouldn't be a surprise but he didn't get along with the front office. Harbaugh wanted more control than he had and it turned ugly. Also, I read today he was hoping to be able to be more involved with disciplining his players with legal issues.

He seems the type of coach that can come in for a few years, help a team do well, but not a long term coach to me. I wouldn't be surprised if someone hires him and they do well. I would be surprised if he was still there (and happy at least) in 5-6 years.

College, where he can be the face of a program and run it as he sees fit, seems a much better spot for him.

by JazzNU
ptmcmahon wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:41 pm Shouldn't be a surprise but he didn't get along with the front office. Harbaugh wanted more control than he had and it turned ugly. Also, I read today he was hoping to be able to be more involved with disciplining his players with legal issues.

It was truly a personality clash and Jed York's mismanagement at work there as well. Jim was looking for the kind of control that Kyle Shanahan (and zero executive or coaching experience John Lynch) have right now, which isn't truly asking too much for someone that has already gotten the team to the SuperBowl. Maybe you don't give him everything, but he wasn't out of line asking either. Jed wasn't willing to take a step back until not just that blew up in his face, but also the pitifully ill-informed Chip Kelly hire did, not to mention appointing and sticking with freaking Trent Baalke as GM as long as he did. It took Jed a long while to realize he wasn't his grandfather, but once he did, he took a step back and that let the team flourish in a more productive and cohesive manner. You barely hear about him anymore, when you heard about him constantly before, he was way too Jerry Jones with his management, and it got in the way big time.

@ponchi, Jed York was heavily criticized for Harbaugh's firing.

by JazzNU This came up the other day with Kliff Kingsbury's being fired so I thought I'd post it since we were talking about Jim Harbaugh recently. You'll notice Harbaugh is a glaring outlier among the list of college coaches jumping to the pros. There is truly zero reason he was fired other than Jed York didn't want him there anymore and he was willing to go back to his alma mater and fix Michigan to bring it back to prominence. But other NFL teams were interested, and his name will keep coming up this time of year for vacancies. He was just a successful head coach, this isn't Nick Saban where they wonder if he'll try again and see if he can succeed this time around. He also has good relationships with several owners and that will keep his name around as well. Billionaire owners not used to hearing no thinking they can be the one to convince him to come back.

by ptmcmahon List is missing a pretty successful one (Pete Caroll) 128-78-1 with 10 playoff wins a Super Bowl.

by JazzNU
ptmcmahon wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:11 pm List is missing a pretty successful one (Pete Caroll) 128-78-1 with 10 playoff wins a Super Bowl.
No it's not, he doesn't count. NFL head coach to College HC back to NFL HC for Pete.

by ptmcmahon Well that makes the list pretty specifically tailored to what Schefter wants. Does that mean being an assistant coach in NFL (as Harbaugh was) before being a head coach in college is ok? :) Or coaching USFL like Spurrier did doesn't count?

Either way I still know there is interest and expect him to have a good run. I just don't see it being long. He'll be in another Jed Yorke situation within a few years I'd guess.

by JazzNU
ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:06 am Well that makes the list pretty specifically tailored to what Schefter wants. Does that mean being an assistant coach in NFL (as Harbaugh was) before being a head coach in college is ok? :) Or coaching USFL like Spurrier did doesn't count?

Either way I still know there is interest and expect him to have a good run. I just don't see it being long. He'll be in another Jed Yorke situation within a few years I'd guess.
No it doesn't. It's a list that many have stated in the past. Ignoring that Pete Carroll had 2 stints as an NFL Head Coach before he was a College Head Coach would be an unfair comparison in a list like this. He wasn't even a bad NFL head coach. There's a reason those USC teams were clicking on all cylinders once he was able to revamp things there and that 2008 team was one of the best college teams ever.

Harbaugh was never an assistant head coach or coordinator in the NFL prior to his time as a college head coach, he was a position coach in the NFL, which is quite a bit different. But yeah, most don't track that and plenty of coaches have split experience. Jumping from head coach in college to the NFL is a different metric with a much lower success rate. This is a very clear list that many have used in the past, it's hardly a Schefter thing.

2000 is the main delineation here. Take away that year and then you have Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, and Tom Coughlin in the list and there are probably others as well that would make it hard to fit this into a single Tweet.

by ptmcmahon Harbaugh was a QB coach for Raiders before being a head coach in college.

Either way I'm not disagreeing with the point... but saying he clearly cherry picked the requirements of his list to make a point, such as cutting it off at 2000 like you say :)

by JazzNU
ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:54 pm Harbaugh was a QB coach for Raiders before being a head coach in college.

Either way I'm not disagreeing with the point... but saying he clearly cherry picked the requirements of his list to make a point, such as cutting it off at 2000 like you say :)
What I'm saying is, you have to have a cutoff for a Tweet. The year 2000 is a natural place to cut it off, there is almost no time when Pete Carroll makes that list. No one ever puts Pete on this list and if you every find someone doing it, they add in asterisk, because it's just different experience.

Not sure if you don't like Schefter or what, but many other covering the NFL put out the exact same list. It's not cherry picking, it's character count. You can't add in the ones I mentioned without going over. This has been a talking point for ages, these are the facts at this point.. The jump from college to the NFL is not a cake walk and partly due to dealing with men not children and also due to how the teams are made up and Saban, for instance, not being able to assemble a team full of 4 and 5-star recruits like he does at Alabama and did at LSU. Kliff Kingsbury is an outlier of sorts though, with questionable college success and still becoming a NFL head coach. His struggles were much more foreseeable than the others and he arguably did better than most thought he would.

Yes, Harbaugh was a QB coach, which is a position coach. There's similar experience in plenty of others, but it's not a head coaching position, which is the comparison point that is almost always used. Watch ESPN, Fox Sports, sports radio, whatever, they use head coaching positions as a comparison point for something like this. Coordinator positions would be next after that and is pretty rare to hear about anywhere but when speaking about a specific coaches' experience, i.e., I've never seen a graphic of college coordinators success as NFL head coaches.

by ti-amie A 5.34 GPA & he's playing football? Please explain this to me.

Ah this explains it all.

QUARTERBACK AUSTIN SIMMONS RECLASSIFIES FROM HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR TO COLLEGE FRESHMAN, FLIPS FROM FLORIDA TO OLE MISS
By Dan Hope on June 17, 2023 at 2:36 pm @dan_hope

Austin Simmons was set to be a junior in high school this year. Instead, Simmons will be playing college football at Ole Miss.

Following in the footsteps of players like Quinn Ewers and Sonny Styles who reclassified to start their college football careers earlier, Simmons is taking it a step further by going to college a full two years early, announcing Saturday he would reclassify from the 2025 class to the 2023 class while flipping his commitment from Florida to Ole Miss.

The unusual two-year jump was made possible through homeschooling, as Simmons reportedly completed his high school coursework during his freshman year and has been taking college courses ever since. Simmons, who played for Moore Haven High School in Moore Haven, Florida, boasts a whopping 5.34 grade-point average.

Simmons, who was rated as a four-star prospect in the 2025 class before his reclassification, will be 17 years old when he arrives in Oxford this summer.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college- ... florida-to

by ti-amie Mark Taylor 🇳🇿:TheCDN4:
@emarktaylor@thecanadian.social
#CFB #CollegeFootball

Via RedditCFB 🤖 @RedditCFB

NEWS: Florida State is considering becoming the first school backed by a massive theocratic hedge fund which is unprecedented and will change the sport forever

by ponchi101 I am ignorant here, but: Notre Dame is a religious school, backed by funding from religious groups. What is the difference?
(Serious here, I don't know).

by ti-amie I think that Notre Dame being a religious school is a given. FSU - Florida State University - is not. This would be the religious take over of a state university.