Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
patrick United States of America

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by patrick »

Togtdyalttai wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:17 pm The refs just screwed the Packers over. I know it would have been a penalty if they had been calling it like that for the whole game, but they hadn't done that. I now understand how Saints fans have felt in the past few years.
Right call in the book but wrong call today considering the way defensive backs been playing receivers today on both sides.
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:03 am Yeah, this will likely be similar to the Saints where the fans are going to ignore the other things that happened like they did, namely an interception in overtime by their HOF QB, in favor of hating the refs because it's easier to blame them. The Green Bay Packers fans should be mad at a party of one right now: Matt LaFleur.

It's 4th and goal on a one score game and you kick the field goal when Aaron Rodgers is your QB? And you give the ball back to Tom Brady with 2 minutes still on the clock? You deserve to lose with that nonsense.

Also, How do you not turn those two straight Jaire Alexander interceptions into any points?!?

I know the Packers fans will probably blame the refs, but they really shouldn't. So many chances to at least tie and it just didn't happen. LaFleur will have a tough week or two of questions and it's well deserved time on the hot seat. The Mike McCarthy/Matt LaFleur memes popping up right now says it all.
Oh we are. But the refs still deserve blame as well.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

As a Packers fan (had my Rodgers jersey on all day) I have no problem with the penalty. He grabbed the jersey, that’s a penalty. Nowhere near the level of what happened to Saints.

And I 100% agree with Jazz. I was shocked when we kicked a field goal. I never even had considered that at all as a possibility. We had many chances to tie the game and blew them after all our interceptions got us back in it. Looked like Rodgers had chance to run it in twice too, surprised he didn’t try either time.

I have the second game on and I just can’t mentally get into it. Sounds silly but gonna take me a little bit to mentally recover from that game.
:steven:
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

And although I’m mad at LaFleur today I sure hope two 13-3 seasons and NFC championship games doesn’t land him on the hot seat.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

By the "hot seat" I meant under fire because after being recognized constantly for having a great year, whew, this was not a good game for him. Not actual job in jeopardy kind of hot seat.

That being said, Aaron is not happy, and his post-game statements are...interesting. Like I have no idea what the off season is going to bring kind of interesting, so hard to say what will happen.

Post by JazzNU »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:37 am That being said, Aaron is not happy, and his post-game statements are...interesting. Like I have no idea what the off season is going to bring kind of interesting, so hard to say what will happen.

For instance:

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Post game blues. Name me one team where he would have a better chance of a SB, AND that would trade for him. As mentioned above, they went 13-3. Keep that in perspective.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Thank goodness this game hasn’t required much mental attention. It’s all been a blur to me, other than that crazy Hill run.

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:26 am Post game blues. Name me one team where he would have a better chance of a SB, AND that would trade for him. As mentioned above, they went 13-3. Keep that in perspective.
He's not making any decisions now. Here's a clip of the press conference. He knows some of this is post game. But can't pretend this is the only thing that has happened. And it's not like it's the first time this has been floated. I think it's on the table.

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:33 am Thank goodness this game hasn’t required much mental attention. It’s all been a blur to me, other than that crazy Hill run.
I'm sure the focus will be Mahomes, Mahomes, and more Mahomes in the post game. With a little Kelce, Hardman, and Hill mixed in. But the offense doing well is hardly surprising. The big difference is that the Chiefs defense is performing above their usual. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL defending in the red zone, and they've done a great job holding the Bills to field goals. And an impressive job containing Diggs and making Josh go for the less dynamic options.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I'm kinda sorta still watching - it's on the tv - but I really thought this would be a different game, more defense.

Let's see who they throw out.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

The notepad is out, that's not a good sign...
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

"All penalties offset". Oy.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:26 am Post game blues. Name me one team where he would have a better chance of a SB, AND that would trade for him. As mentioned above, they went 13-3. Keep that in perspective.
Maybe the Rams, 49ers or Saints? But I don't think it would be a better chance of a Super Bowl, merely a roughly equal chance.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Uhm, good choices. I would like the Saints. One of my teams, and I like Rodgers.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem