Sports Random, Random

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Sports Random, Random

Post by JazzNU »

Since it was posted in yet another thread about the NBA and it's 90% vaccination rate, I'm posting. Weird how much attention it's getting at the moment based on 3 or 4 players really. And NBA is now at 95%.

WNBA has 99%, really the only US league that was that way without any pressure from their league, had those numbers months ago
NHL is at 99%, the league's rules are strict though and crossing into Canada is seriously problematic under rules, it got the numbers up quickly
MLS is at 95%
NFL is at 93%, strict rules that make life hard, not as strict as NHL or NBA
MLB is still around 85% at last check I believe

Post by JazzNU »

Leaning into the feud (as they should, it's the most exciting golf has been outside of Tiger to non-golf fans)

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

I know it's "for charity" but I'm sure whatever appearance fee etc they are getting may help make them like each other a bit more. And it's a golf "feud" so it's pretty silly to begin with :)
:steven:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:12 am And it's a golf "feud" so it's pretty silly to begin with :)
:lol:
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

I saw on the scroll that it's 12 holes - and I refuse to invest any effort to discover why it is that number.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

That's probably plenty of the two of them for most people :) It's just a charity match so no reason to force it to 18 holes I'd guess... not like will make more people watch. Maybe more will watch if it's shorter.

Post by JazzNU »

Fastbackss wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:29 am I saw on the scroll that it's 12 holes - and I refuse to invest any effort to discover why it is that number.
I haven't seen a real explanation, but many are asking WTH is with 12 holes. But there were opinions in the last say 2 years that moving to 12 holes would increase interest in the sport because many casual and non-viewers said it was too long and too boring. I'd think an event like this is leaning into that and trying to get as many casual viewers to watch as possible.

Post by Fastbackss »

I know NASCAR for example "tries things" in exhibitions so this would make sense.

And, while I didn't seek it out, I did read an article that said they were trying to keep it to a 3 hour window (TV)
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:12 am I know it's "for charity" but I'm sure whatever appearance fee etc they are getting may help make them like each other a bit more. And it's a golf "feud" so it's pretty silly to begin with :)
"I'll see at the club house, buddy!"
"Yeah. You better bring your lawyer, chap!"
"You're gonna be sorry you ever put on those plaid pants, Mister!"
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

In reality it's probably even tamer than that. Basically Koepka said DeChambeau played slow and that's all it took to get the feud going. Then they started making fun of each other's abs, followed by some eye rolls :) Maybe the worst was when DeChambeau waved at a camera while Koepka was being interviewed. Golf feuds are silly.

Post by JazzNU »

This was the most famous, but not the source of the feud. Bryson says something smartass to Brooks as he is walking by that is hard to hear on the videos, but has been verified by reporters who were present as what was the source of Brooks annoyance in that moment along with what he said. No, not exactly a deathmatch, but we're past the mere eyeroll. And also, the most interesting and drama filled golf has been in a very long while, so they'll take whatever they can get and lean into this feud as much as possible.

Post by Fastbackss »

I love that video and could watch it on a weekly loop. It always brings a smile to my face and each time I notice something different
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I have no idea what started this brawl.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I wonder if this was equally prevalent in the past, or we simply have smartphones today.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:30 pm I have no idea what started this brawl.
I would say equal amounts of alcohol and exposure to the cesspools of 'reality shows', UFC, and WWE, with a generous amount of ignorance, insecurity, and stupidity thrown in.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower