Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
ptmcmahon Canada

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ptmcmahon »

One other thing that makes it feel worse for us Packers fans is how spoiled we have been by Rodgers...usually if we lose it's not competitive (ex vs SF last year.) If we start making a comeback and get in a position to win usually we pull it out.

Also, I hate Brady and this is the first time he's had to play us in playoffs. I'm down to about 40-50% grumpy this AM :)
:steven:
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:53 pm One other thing that makes it feel worse for us Packers fans is how spoiled we have been by Rodgers...usually if we lose it's not competitive (ex vs SF last year.) If we start making a comeback and get in a position to win usually we pull it out.

Also, I hate Brady and this is the first time he's had to play us in playoffs. I'm down to about 40-50% grumpy this AM :)
I was hate-watching to see Brady lose. And I'm in Indianapolis, so I'm cool with the Packers (good solid Midwest team, not in the Colts conference). I can't imagine how much that loss stings after so many chances. The TD at the end of the half was probably the biggest mistake from the Packers, then having to go for 2 and missing. Missed chances after interceptions.The decision at the end was atrocious, but they shouldn't have been in that position anyway.

So sorry!

At least the AO will distract you pretty soon.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Yes good point about that TD too. Another mental letdown. I was watching slightly after it ended (recorded game) so I saw that TD and the first one in second half within minutes of each other. I was pretty dejected after those couple of real life minutes.

Like you said, so many chances...we really helped beat ourselves last night.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

One thing about the Bucs. They have become a turnover machine these last weeks. 3 yesterday, 4 against the Saints, I don't recall if they had any against WFT.
That works.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:26 am Post game blues. Name me one team where he would have a better chance of a SB, AND that would trade for him. As mentioned above, they went 13-3. Keep that in perspective.
FYI, watching ESPN today, Adam Schefter said it's more than this game and more than the post-game comments. Last week, much less emotional at the time obviously, Aaron said his future was "a beautiful mystery."

Doesn't mean he's going at all. But he's putting out breadcrumbs, which he likes to do, and it was before this game. He's stayed in Green Bay before, he may again, but obviously, they did a little something that pissed him off last year in a way that has never happened before, so we shall see. But it's more than post-game blues.

And FWIW, he is a California boy and moving back has always been in play. Northern California is where he's from and where he expected to play, but he also owns a home 20 minutes from the Ram's facility per Schefter. And Sean McVay did say everything is up for evaluation in the offseason, Goff included, so...

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The legacy of Bill O'Brien. You sent Hopkins away, in a lousy trade, and now this franchise is losing a star QB.
I like the Texans and I would like to see Watson stay. But yes, he has every right to want out. This franchise has been very poorly managed.
See him land with the Pats. See them go toe to toe vs the new Bills. See the AFC East become a powerhouse (Miami will also get better).

Post by JazzNU »

Well I guess the Rams future is no longer a "beautiful mystery" and they can stop sending coded messages to Aaron through the media. And Jared Goff the California boy will have to such it up and deal with winter weather.

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Considering Stanford’s recent injuries think Detroit did well to get back so many picks with Goff. Although part of that is probably because of Goffs contract.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

It hasn't been above freezing in a number of days and we got fresh snow last night.
Welcome Jared!
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Uh, I just don't get it. What can Jared Goff and his massive contract bring to Detroit?
He has got to be in the bottom third of QB's in the league. With two really good receivers (Woods and Cupp) and a better than average TE (Higbee), he went for 20 Td's in the season.
No wonder the Lions are always in the bottom of the pile. I don't understand decisions like this one.
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:17 pm Uh, I just don't get it. What can Jared Goff and his massive contract bring to Detroit?
He has got to be in the bottom third of QB's in the league. With two really good receivers (Woods and Cupp) and a better than average TE (Higbee), he went for 20 Td's in the season.
No wonder the Lions are always in the bottom of the pile. I don't understand decisions like this one.
Well, they did get some draft picks. Maybe they draft another quarterback in case Goff doesn't work out?
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

They have a more than serviceable starter while they rebuild.

They get plenty of draft picks - probably the best deal out there (although man it seemed to come fast given can't be official until mid-March).

His contract is a "little" heavy - but perhaps they think they still have plenty of cap space (even if they have to move him)