Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
ptmcmahon Canada

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ptmcmahon »

Minnesota has looked very good at times too and can't be counted out. But they also seem to have had the most bad games.

I'd add Cowboys to list but we know they'll probably choke :)
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Seattle is not bad, and yet, that is exactly how they looked yesterday. The Niners' defense is impressive, and Purdy is doing the minimal but smart thing: hand it over to CMC, wait and see it another play develops, let the defense keep you in the game.
As you say: Philly/Niners may end up being a fantastic game. And I say we have a very good chance of getting it. Right now, in the NFC, those are the two top teams.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

If Minnesota still played outdoors that certainly would make a potential San Fran @ Minnesota showdown more interesting. Then again, San Fran are probably built just as fine for the cold, less reliant on the big passing like the Vikings... sometimes are. Although they have a great back too.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This is sad though.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Mr. Ponchi, broken record.
4 & 1, at the Vikings' 36, in a dome, you are up by 8, less than 3 minutes to go.
You go for it, or you kick the FG?
They went for it.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This game. Vikings vs Colts. I will never root for an Indiana team but if you are up 33-0 at half time and manage to only score three points in the second half you deserve to lose.

Vikings clinch the Division Championship 39-36 in overtime at home for the largest comeback in NFL history.

Playing not to lose almost always leads to a loss.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

KC barely beat the Broncos las week. This week, they are taken to OT by Houston.
Because Andy Reid has decided that his offense runs via Pacheco and McKinnon, not Kelce and Juju.
I really know nothing about this sport.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Dallas managed to lose a game they were winning via a Prescott pick-6 in overtime. Ridiculous.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

But it was one of those really flukey interceptions. He hit his receiver, the ball bounced up and the Jaguar defense-man grabbed the ball with his fingertips, and returned it.
It was not a clean interception (those that the intercepter grabs it cleanly).

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:39 pm But it was one of those really flukey interceptions. He hit his receiver, the ball bounced up and the Jaguar defense-man grabbed the ball with his fingertips, and returned it.
It was not a clean interception (those that the intercepter grabs it cleanly).
True. It wasn't the hot mess the Colts game was.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Nor the ending that the Raiders won with over the Patriots
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:03 pm KC barely beat the Broncos las week. This week, they are taken to OT by Houston.
Because Andy Reid has decided that his offense runs via Pacheco and McKinnon, not Kelce and Juju.
I really know nothing about this sport.
Kelce and Juju both were targeted 10 times, and had 105 and 88 yard respectively. I wouldn't say that means offense is only run by the backs.

Pacheco has looked very good as it is, and had 86 yard running. McKinnon ran for 50 and had over 70 yards receiving.

I'd say the offense is very balanced. And if they wind up playing in the AFC Championship game in Buffalo in January - you better believe they need the running game going well.

This week I'd blame the defense for the yards and points they gave to some players - leading Texan rusher Royce Freeman had been cut several times off the practice squad for example. :)

Meanwhile the combined blown lead by Brady and the end of the New England game gave me some great sadistic joy this weekend.

Overall, just another crazy week and I don't look forward to seeing my NFL Challenge scores at all.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Kelce and Juju indeed ended up with good totals. But most of that was accrued in the 4th quarter, when they needed to mount the comeback.
It was a weird game; all the metrics are in favor of the Chiefs, but two fumbles led to 14 points from Houston. Still, up to the end of the 3rd, Juju and Kelce had been targeted about 4 times each.
I know they will need the running game. But they cannot become a running team now. Not with Mahones, Kelce, Juju and MVS.
---0---
The Bucs are simply bad. The Bengals were in a funk but once they started, it was a beauty to watch.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

It was definitely a weird game either way. It's like the announcers always remind us about the turnover battle. :)

I'm still hoping one of the 5-9 teams in that division runs table and knocks off the Bucs.