For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day. And do not quote any post, as it will put you over the limit of characters for our parser

TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Post by ti-amie »

mmmm8 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:47 pm So, was she saying she thought it was a Hungarian flag? Because she was born in Pristina and should probably be able to recognize Serbia's flag? I think she's of Kosovar Albanian heritage, so was the controversy more that she's pro-Serbia?

Rita Ora is married to director Taika Watiti and recently on a TV show that he's "half a Samoan" when he's actually half-Maori...(we may have posted about that here)
mmmm8 I'm going to try and find the post about what happened in Hungary with Rita Ora.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:45 pm
mmmm8 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:47 pm So, was she saying she thought it was a Hungarian flag? Because she was born in Pristina and should probably be able to recognize Serbia's flag? I think she's of Kosovar Albanian heritage, so was the controversy more that she's pro-Serbia?

Rita Ora is married to director Taika Watiti and recently on a TV show that he's "half a Samoan" when he's actually half-Maori...(we may have posted about that here)
mmmm8 I'm going to try and find the post about what happened in Hungary with Rita Ora.
Rita Ora with the Serbian flag on her arm
by
Oculus News
-
August 27, 2023

Renowned singer Rita Ora has reacted to a circulating video in which she is seen with the Serbian flag.

In a statement to local media, she mentioned that the flag was given to her by a fan and she did not initially realize which country it belonged to.

Rita Ora expressed that she understood the flag was Serbian after she left the stage.

Furthermore, speaking to Klan Kosova, Rita stated that she is a proud Albanian and that her intention was not to disrespect her people.

"Last night during my performance at the SZIN Festival in Hungary, a young fan handed me a flag. Due to the bright lights directly in my eyes and on the stage, I didn't clearly see which country's flag it represented. As soon as I left the stage, I realized it was a Serbian flag and not Hungarian."

"While I appreciate all my fans from all countries and cultures, I want to make it very clear that I am a proud Albanian from Kosovo, and it was never my intention to disrespect my heritage or upset my people or my family," Rita continued in her statement to local media.

https://www.ocnal.com/2023/08/rita-ora- ... r-arm.html

There is video at the link
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Thanks for tracking it down, Ti. I'm just going to assume she doesn't know what a Hungarian flag looks like.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

mmmm8 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:34 pm Thanks for tracking it down, Ti. I'm just going to assume she doesn't know what a Hungarian flag looks like.
She's ethnic Albanian form Kosovo, and someone just happened to hand her a Serbian flag. She may have thought it was a Hungarian flag - both are 3 stripe flags, so not unsimilar in design, and colours can be easily confused - but I don't think it was a coincidence.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Marta Kostyuk got married

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Did he find out he was getting married just before the wedding? I mean that suit...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

From Belinda Bencic on IG:

Expecting our little miracle soon! ✨🍼 We can’t wait to meet you🤍

He's her fitness coach and he's either 41 or 47 depending on your source. She's 26.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:25 pm From Belinda Bencic on IG:

Expecting our little miracle soon! ✨🍼 We can’t wait to meet you🤍

He's her fitness coach and he's either 41 or 47 depending on your source. She's 26.
So she'll be out next year... still plenty of time to come back. Hope she gets back to top level.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Apparently Iga is estranged from her mother and it's ugly. No details of course. I'm glad she posted these pictures.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:58 pm Marta Kostyuk got married

That suit doesn't even look off the rack, it looks like someone's first attempt at sewing.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:52 am
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:58 pm Marta Kostyuk got married

That suit doesn't even look off the rack, it looks like someone's first attempt at sewing.
For real.

Her dress is off the rack but looks decent enough.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Annual edition of ladies at the beach/pool 8-)

Bencic

Osorio Serano

Putintseva

Gauff