National, Regional and Local News

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: National, Regional and Local News

Post by ponchi101 »

And he is unpopular.
What I would give for him to be president of Vennieland. Heck, I want him to be president of S. America.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:01 pm And he is unpopular.
What I would give for him to be president of Vennieland. Heck, I want him to be president of S. America.
He's unpopular because roughly 35% of the U.S. population (that 35% figure sure comes up a lot, no?) is so ignorant and clueless of world events that they believe inflation is a uniquely American phenomenon. And, thus, one person's fault.

That said, I read a piece earlier today about how independents are turning on Biden. That's almost entirely about inflation, too. Some of the newest polls even indicate that suburban women who resent the overturning of Roe v. Wade are turning on Biden because of--inflation.
Jeff from TX United States of America

Post by Jeff from TX »

Deuce wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:02 am When you think that life in the USA can't get any lower... think again...

What can you possibly call a country in which one MUST assume that every driver on the road is carrying a gun and is ready to shoot you at any sign of a disagreement?

A country where things like this (below) and mass killings occur with incredible frequency cannot call itself civilized.

Two Fathers Shoot Each Other's Daughters in Road Rage Incident...

Actually, the mothers were in the vehicles also, and one of them fired the first shot. :roll: So insane.
It seems like time is going backwards towards 1984 . . . :freaking:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Jeff from TX wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:34 am
Deuce wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:02 am When you think that life in the USA can't get any lower... think again...

What can you possibly call a country in which one MUST assume that every driver on the road is carrying a gun and is ready to shoot you at any sign of a disagreement?

A country where things like this (below) and mass killings occur with incredible frequency cannot call itself civilized.

Two Fathers Shoot Each Other's Daughters in Road Rage Incident...

Actually, the mothers were in the vehicles also, and one of them fired the first shot. :roll: So insane.
In the most recent article I've seen about the incident, it does mention that the wife of one one of the men was in one of the cars, while "relatives" of the other man were in the other car... but it maintains that it was the two fathers who fired the guns, and that it's both men only who are charged with attempted murder.

In any case, it's nice to know that both families enjoy family outings together... Sigh...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/dri ... n-91623976

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

dryrunguy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:52 am ...

He's unpopular because roughly 35% of the U.S. population (that 35% figure sure comes up a lot, no?) is so ignorant and clueless of world events that they believe inflation is a uniquely American phenomenon. And, thus, one person's fault.

That said, I read a piece earlier today about how independents are turning on Biden. That's almost entirely about inflation, too. Some of the newest polls even indicate that suburban women who resent the overturning of Roe v. Wade are turning on Biden because of--inflation.
Just to keep perspective.
Inflation here is in double digits. Around 11%. PLUS:
Because Colombia imports some food stuff, the prices at the supermarket have gone way up, because the peso has devalued severely Vs the $$$. Started the year at 3,800, it is all the way down to 4,700. And of course, the year is not over.
So sure, America. Let's see how inflation will be corrected once the senate is in the safe hands of the GOP, and their solution to that will be a new tax cut, for the rich.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:35 pm
Because Colombia imports some food stuff, the prices at the supermarket have gone way up, because the peso has devalued severely Vs the $$$. Started the year at 3,800, it is all the way down to 4,700. And of course, the year is not over.
Sure, but would the ruling party in Colombia win a reelection right now?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Suliso wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:39 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:35 pm
Sure, but would the ruling party in Colombia win a reelection right now?
Yes, because our election took place just three months ago :)
But you are right. Unless you were talking about the DUQUE government, and not the PETRO administration.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

I want some disciplinary action against all those who balked in Uvalde when they should have helped, I don't know what though.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

What would have happened if it had been SOME PATIENTS IN A HOSPITAL, and doctors had not assisted them and they had died due to this negligence?
I know it is not a perfect simile, but it was such an outrageous situation.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I recently read a couple of well thought plans to pump water from the EAST to the WEST, to help with this and the depletion of some major lakes/reservoirs.
The politicians in the eastern states (all GOP) said the west would not "steal" their water.
Which floods them.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:36 pm I recently read a couple of well thought plans to pump water from the EAST to the WEST, to help with this and the depletion of some major lakes/reservoirs.
The politicians in the eastern states (all GOP) said the west would not "steal" their water.
Which floods them.
This is the issue that will finally bring the US to annex Canada.